Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 3: I can't actually remember the name of the town. It was a little place near the yellow mountains.

We got into the Huangshan railway station at a bit after 4 in the morning, which is a rather inconvenient time, considering that normal buses don't start running until a decent hour and we sort of had to get to our hostel in the next city over. We ended up taking a private bus. Or, rather, three private buses. I was pretty out of it, but the other girls say that we spent a good half hour driving in circles while we were on the first bus. Then they kicked us out and told us to go to a second one, which claimed to go to our hostel, but actually just kicked us out and told us to get on a third one. We were getting rather worried at this point, and annoyed that we had to pay for three buses when we were expecting one, but we finally did arrive.

Everyone else except Rachael just crashed in the room for a few hours, but I looked off our balcony and saw this view:


And I was like, I have to run around that place. It turned out that the hostel had super, super cool grounds with climbing structures and old walls with gates in them and a steam train front (what is that part called again?) and all sorts of pretty scenery. They had a climbing wall that I really, really wanted to climb on, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to and the belay device was different than I am used to, so I didn't. I did get out my camera and take lots of pictures, though.










When people woke up we spent the rest of our day walking around the town, enjoying the scenery and taking more pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment